Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

At winter's heart...

Last exam to go...2 day break when u really don't need it.. Perfect time to have a puppy!
Well the bugger was roaming around outside mess hall when me an my friend spike set our eyes on him. Well for spike it was love at first sight and i would fall for the cute one once he convinced me we must take it back to our room. So this cold winter night to shield him from the weather we thought, we must keep him with us and boy did we have a ride!
It was almost as if after my previous post god wanted to show off and show me what a creature he had made. I think he decided to send me the cutest little puppy to see what i do!! Really if ever we may pour our heart out unconditionally and spontaneously... its for a dog! As he jumped we jumped, as he ate we smiled, as he played we played, as he cuddled and slept on us..... we ran out of words....
He was twice the size of my palm, jet black in color and about the cutest thing you would see anywhere.We wanted to name him...just because we wanted to do what people with dogs did, u know, give a name and try fetch then potty train all that stuff.So we started with the name.Spike came up with that, i thought okay he's fighting it and we tried saving him from it, worth the name..WINTER.
Then came all the fun things as all of us guys ganged up in spikes room to make sure that he had the best of everything! Try as we might we couldn get a certain 150kilo talking machine called iyer out of there but we still did what we could.But then the dog really never gave a shit about him so we let him stay.
Even worse was the analogies and doubts cast by one undescribable Ravi!!!His first doubt was not a surprise to me..."What is his reaction to music?" I was going- for god's i mean dog's sake give the poor thing a break but noo.. on he went yapping away never once moving from the bed to do anything for the dog mind you.There were people running around getting it milk(Thanks Bharath - who even made winter a nice tray to eat an drink in!) an food but he was watching it like it was a circus animal and he'd got his ticket! He totally cracked us up with his nonsensical doubts on whether or not it will take rock music so we let him also stay... Besides i knew i had to blog up this post from his comp later in the night, so we let him stay ;).
But later in the night after spending time potty training him to piss on newspapers and also teaching him a brand new "chase me" game we had to let him go... well we dint know if he had a mommy or not when he started yelping and screaming so we let him go with the outside dogs.
The toughest thing i have done after my math exam. I don't know how they do it but yes they have this effect on you.They make u feel close to them.For the next one hour me and spike had to hide and watch it and make sure it was ok.We were hiding so it doesn follow us back you numbskulls and nitwits!
I have no complaints he had his life and i had mine, but I'm grateful and i think spik too will be for the one night we had, this winter.....

No comments: